1. Ferreira SS, Passos CP, Madureira P, Vilanova M, Coimbra MA. Structure-function relationships of immunostimulatory polysaccharides: A review. Carbohydr Polym. 2015 Nov 5;132:378-96
2. Ulbricht C, Brigham A, Bryan JK, Catapang M, Chowdary D, Costa D, Culwell S, D’Auria D, Giese N, Iovin R, Isaac R, Juturu V, Liu A, Mintzer M, Rusie E, Shaffer M, Windsor RC. An evidence-based systematic review of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) by the Natural Standard
Research Collaboration. J Diet Suppl. 2013 Sep;10(3):264-308
3. Ghoneum M, Wimbley M, Salem F, Mcklain A, Attallah N, Gill G. Immunomodulatory and anticancer effects of active hemicellulose compound (AHCC). Int J Immunother 1995;11:23-28.
4. Miura T, Kitadate K, Nishioka H, Wakame K. Basic and clinical studies on active hexose correlated compound. In: Bagchi D, Lau FC, Ghosh DK, eds. Biotechnology in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals. New York, NY: CRC Press; 2010:51-60.
5. Nishioka H. Potentiating action of AHCC on natural immunity. Med Sci Digest 2009;35(6):1-6.
6. Takanari J. et al. Effects of Active Hexose Correlated Compound on the Seasonal Variations of Immune Competence in Healthy Subjects. Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine 2015; 20(1): 28-34.
7. Aviles H, Belay T, Fountain K, et al. Active hexose correlated compound enhances resistance to Klebsiella pneumoniae infection in mice in the hindlimb-unloading model of spaceflight conditions. J Appl Physiol 2003;95:491-496.
8. Aviles H, Belay T, Vance M, et al. Active hexose correlated compound enhances the immune function of mice in the hindlimbunloading model of spaceflight conditions. J Appl Physiol 2004;97:1437-1444.
9. Aviles H, O’Donnell P, Sun B, Sonnenfeld G. Active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) enhances resistance to infection in a mouse model of surgical wound infection. Surg Infect (Larchmt) 2006;7:527-535.
10. Aviles H, O’Donnell P, Orshal J, et al. Active hexose correlated compound activates immune function to decrease bacterial load in a murine model of intramuscular infection. Am J Surg. 2008;195:537-545.
11. Bonucci M. et al. Polysaccharides from Letinus Edodes for integrative cancer treatment: immunomodulatory effects on lymphocyte population. World Cancer Research Journal 2016; 3(1): e652
12. Cheetham PJ, Katz AE. Diet and prostate cancer – a holistic approach to management. Arch Esp Urol 2011:64(8):720-735.
13. Cowawintaweewat S. et al. Prognostic improvement of patients with advanced liver cancer afteractive hexose correlated compound (AHCC) treatment. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 2006; 24(1):33-45.
14. deVere White RW, Hackman RM, Soares SE, Beckett LA, Sun B. Effects of a mushroom mycelium extract on the treatment of prostate cancer. Urology 2002;60(4):640-4.
15. Gao Y, Zhang D, Sun B, et al. Active hexose correlated compound enhances tumor surveillance through regulating both innate and adaptive immune responses. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2006;55:1258-1266. June 2016
16. Hangai S. et al. Effect of active hexose-correlated compound in women receiving adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: a retrospective study. J Altern Complement Med 2013;19(11):905-10.
17. Hirose A, Sato E, Fujii H, et al. The influence of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) on cisplatin-evoked chemotherapeutic and side effects in tumor-bearing mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2007;222:152-158.
18. Hyodo I. et al. Nationwide survey on complementary and alternative medicine in cancer patients in Japan. J Clin Oncol 2005;23(12):2645-54.
19. Ikeda T, Ishibashi H, Fujisaki R, et al. Prophylactic efficacy of a basidiomycetes preparation AHCC against lethal Candida albicans infection in experimental granulocytopenic mice [in Japanese]. Nippon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi 2003;44:127-131.
20. Ishibashi H, Ikeda T, Tansho S, et al. Prophylactic efficacy of a basidiomycetes preparation AHCC against lethal opportunistic infections in mice [in Japanese]. Yakugaku Zasshi 2000;120:715-719.
21. Kawaguchi Y. Improved Survival of Patients with Gastric Cancer or Colon Cancer when treated with Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC): Effect of AHCC on digestive system cancer. Natural Med J 2009;1(1)1-6.
22. Mach CM, Fugii H, Wakame K, Smith J. Evaluation of active hexose correlated compound hepatic metabolism and potential for drug interactions with chemotherapy agents. J Soc Integr Oncol 2008;6:105-109.
23. Matsui Y. et al. Improved prognosis of postoperative hepatocellular carcinoma patients when treated with functional foods: a prospective cohort study. J Hepatol 2002;37(1):78-86.
24. Matsui K, Kawaguchi Y, Ozaki T, et al. Effect of active hexose correlated compound on the production of nitric oxide in hepatocytes. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2007;31:373-381.
25. Matsui Y, Kamiyama Y. Retrospective Study in Breast Cancer Patients Supplemented with AHCC. Int J Integrative Oncol 2009;3(2):12-16. June 2016
26. Parida DK. et al. Integrating Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Form of Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) in the Management of Head & Neck Cancer Patients. Int J Clin Med 2011; 2:588-592.
27. Pescatore F. Reversing Immunosenescence: The Key to Anti-Aging? Int J Anti-Aging Med 2000:47-49.
28. Ritz BW, Nogusa S, Ackerman EA, Gardner EM Supplementation with active hexose correlated compound increases the innate immune response of young mice to primary influenza infection. J Nutr 2006;136:2868-2873.
29. Ritz BW. Supplementation with active hexose correlated compound increases survival following infectious challenge in mice. Nutrition Reviews 2008;66(9):526–531.
30. Ritz BW. Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) and Immune Outcomes in Humans: A Review. Natural Medicine Journal 2011;3(1):3-7.
31. Roman BE, Beli E, Duriancik DM, Gardner EM. Short-term supplementation with active hexose correlated compound improves the antibody response to influenza B vaccine. Nutr Res 2013;33(1):12-7. June 2016
32. Shah SK. An Evidence-Based Review of a Lentinula edodes Mushroom Extract as Complementary Therapy in the Surgical Oncology Patient. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2011; 35:449-458.
33. Spierings EL, Fujii H, Sun B, Walshe T. A phase I study of the safety of the nutritional supplements, active hexose correlated compound, AHCC, in healthy volunteers. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 2007;53:536-539.
34. Suenaga A. et al. Active Hexose-correlated Compound Down-regulates HSP27 of Pancreatic Cancer Cells, and Helps the Cytotoxic Effect of Gemcitabine. Anticancer Research 2014;34:141-146.
35. Sumiyoshi Y, Hashine K, Kakehi Y, Yoshimura K, Satou T, Kuruma H, Namiki S, Shinohara N. Dietary administration of mushroom mycelium extracts in patients with early stage prostate cancers managed expectantly: a phase II study. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2010;40(10):967-72.
36. Sun B, Wakame K, Sato E, Nishioka H, Aruoma OI, Fujii H. The effect of active hexose correlated compound in modulating cytosine arabinoside-induced hair loss, and 6-mercaptopurine- and methotrexate-induced liver injury in rodents. Cancer Epidemiol 2009;33(3-4):293-9.
37. Terakawa N, Matsui Y, Satoi S, et al. Immunological effect of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) in healthy volunteers: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Nutr Cancer 2008;60: 643-651.
38. Thaiudom S. A study of the efficacy of Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) in the treatment of chronic Hepatitis C patients at Phramongkutklao Hospital. Medical News 2010; 325:13-16.
39. Tlaskalová-Hogenová H. et al. The gut as a lymphoepithelial organ: the role of intestinal epithelial cells in mucosal immunity. Folia Microbiol (Praha) 1995;40(4):385-91.
40. Toshinori I. et al. Reduction of adverse effects by a mushroom product, AHCC in patients with advanced cancer during chemotherapy – the significance of the level of HHV-6 DNA in saliva as a surrogate biomarker during chemotherapy. Nutrition Cancer 2014;1-6.
41. urner J, Chaudhary U. Dramatic prostate-specific antigen response with activated hemicellulose compound in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Anticancer Drugs 2009;20(3):215-6.
42. Uno K, Kosuna K, Sun B, et al. Active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) improves immunological parameters and performance status of patients with solid tumors. Biotherapy (Japan) 2000;14:303-309.
43. Yanagimoto H. et al. Alleviating effect of Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) on chemotherapy-related adverse events in patients with unresectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Nutrition and Cancer 2016;68(2): 234-240.
44. Yin Z, Fujii H, Walshe T. Effects of active hexose correlated compound on frequency of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells producing interferon-γ and/or tumor necrosis factor-α in healthy adults. Hum Immunol 2010;71(12):1187-90.